Toronto Painting Contractor
The exterior of your house provides a first impression to visitors as well as your neighbors. From a professional painter’s point of view, exterior painting is the most important home maintenance project that can be done. Often the paint and caulking is all that is stopping structural sun and water damage.
It is amazing that a thin film of primer and paint lasts as long as it does. Exterior house paint has to stand up to some of the most extreme conditions that our Canadian climate can dish out. Not to mention that your home and all buildings are constantly moving around and breathing as they respond to seasonal fluctuations in temperature.
You don’t have to be a professional painter to recognize that the condition of the exterior paint is one of the most important factors for maintaining a home’s value.
When paint and caulk begin to wear out, they stop protecting your home from the damaging effects of weather, temperature and sun. Neglected flaking paint can lead to thousands in siding replacement costs.
We’ve all seen paint peel within a few years. That’s usually a sign that proper exterior paint preparation was overlooked.
Because so many people find it difficult to take the time needed for proper exterior paint prep work, it could be one of your smartest investments to hire Toronto Exterior, Toronto’s professional painting contractor.
We make sure that proper, professional exterior paint preparation is included in our proposal. As we take a look around the house, you might also expect to find some necessary repairs included
Exterior Preparation Work
(including but not necessarily limited to)
– Scraping and sanding of all loose and peeling paint down to a sound surface
– Spot priming of all exposed surfaces with sufficient primer
– Pressure washing of chalky areas and mildew remediation
– Caulking of windows and door frames with acrylic siliconized caulking
– Sanding of existing glossy paint to facilitate adherence of new paint
– Removal and / or masking of hardware
– Spot-priming of rusted metal with specialized rust primer.
– Shellac-priming of wood knots and “saps” to prevent seepage through the top finish coat.
Having one contractor like Toronto Exterior that can complete the entire project from preparation, through carpentry repairs, to final paint will make your life much easier and protect your investment for many years to come!